“What ever you do today make sure you take the time to consider your career and the once in a lifetime opportunity to live and work in Australia’s iconic red centre….”
Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia is a unique Australian travel company wholly owned by the Indigenous Land Corporation (ILC) offering experience-based holidays in spectacular wilderness locations including Ayers Rock Resort in the iconic Red Centre, Home Valley Station in the Kimberley region of Western Australia and tourism facilities at Mossman Gorge in Tropical North Queensland.
With 4 individually branded hotel and apartment complexes across Ayers Rock Resort we offer both our guests and employees a multitude of world class Accommodation options.
The Ayers Rock Resort complex also includes the Australian Tourism Award winning, Uluru Meeting Place, a campground, the Red Ochre Spa and the award winning Sounds of Silence entered into the Australian Tourism Hall of fame as well as 15 independently branded food and beverage outlets.
We are currently seeking Retail Assistants for our IGA Supermarket.
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong customer service skills
- Cash handling experience
- Sound understanding of retail sales and ability to gain product knowledge quickly
- Good oral English communication skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic personality
- Good personal presentation
- Reliability & Trustworthiness
- Previous Retail experience is desirable
- At all times, keeping updated on product knowledge and resort facilities and community activities
- Serve customers in a friendly manner while undertaking front end register duties.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in point of sale operation and cash handling.
- Maintain high level of cleanliness of all register and supermarket areas.
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide a customer service beyond customer expectations eg. Up selling, product knowledge and information.
- Know the product range in detail and deliver fast knowledgeable service that lifts the average spend per customer and achieves fast stock turnover.
- Awareness of all stock levels and movement within the store including regular spot checks through register reporting.
- Resolving customer complaints to the customer’s satisfaction within your level of authority and seeking advice where required from management.
- Adhere to Voyages standards in relation to personal grooming and uniform presentation.
Your enthusiasm and ‘can do attitude’ will be rewarded with great rates, fun team and working environment, unique lifestyle experience and great community atmosphere. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and professional organisation where career opportunities and cross training can be provided.
Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia offers you a truly unique opportunity to live and work within one of Australia’s most iconic destinations, offering excellent work life balance. With a range of remote area benefits including relocation bonus, subsidised accommodation, gym and sports club, meals on duty, and an extensive programme of community events and activities.
“Don’t wait for Tomorrow, Discover Today…”