Office Assistant – Job Description
- Attractive salary packaging options – up to $15,899 tax free
- Part time opportunity available
- Flexible working hours
We have an exciting opportunity for an Office Assistant to join our team in Port Hedland on a Part-time basis. Whilst reporting directly to the Community Manager, you will also liaise daily with the Social Care Team to support administrative needs and requirements for this Business Unit.
- Word processing to ensure documentation meets National Corporate Typing Standards
- Co-ordination of meetings and calendaring including scheduling appointments with internal and external parties
- Accurate processing of financial documentation including processing invoices.
- Provide customer service in person and over the telephone
- Provide administrative support to ensure timely and accurate processing of client/employee/supplier documentation.
- Filing, faxing and photocopying to assist in the smooth running of Service Centre/Business Unit
- Distribute incoming calls, faxes and emails to relevant parties to ensure a high standard of customer service.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with Mandatory Training for all Providers
Support the processing and orientation of new providers
The ideal candidate will be able to prioritise high volume workload, multitask and have strong attention to detail. In addition to this, candidates will be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Well-developed communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate an ability to work in a team but also independently
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment.
- Previous data entry experience in complex systems is highly desirable
- Must possess personal integrity and respect for confidential information.
- Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory
- National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- Salary packaging of up to $15,899
- Travel Allowance of $.78 per kilometre for travel between clients
- Smart phone provided to perform your work
- Health Care benefits
- Social Club – discounted tickets for movies, the zoo and more (dependant on location)
How to apply
To submit your application, and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
About Silver Chain
Silver Chain is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit health and community care providers, and helps almost 65,000 people confidently live the lives they choose every year. With a reputation for innovation and leadership that’s been built over 120 years, Silver Chain is set for an exciting future – and we’d like you to be a part of it.
At Silver Chain Group, we recognise the positive contribution that a diverse workforce makes to our organisation and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Vacancy Specific Screening
Essential: Able to work independently and in a team Able to work remotely Able to use a common sense approach